- 26-Jun-2013 to 13-Jul-2013 (EST)
- Dumfries/Arlington , VA, USA
- Full Time
Provide a broad range of outreach support to Directorate level staff such as establishing and maintaining effective relationships with both external and internal audiences at local and national level; developing written and oral presentations; transmitting information concerning programs and activities; developing recommendations for improvement of outreach program based on analysis of feedback from affected or interested audiences; and advising officials handling adverse developments which can negatively impact the agency. Identifies, analyzes, and conceptualizes ideas, innovative solutions, and alternatives that involve improved processes and better practices. Assist in the preparation of briefing materials for organizational, DoD or Congressional leadership. Efforts are tasked under general guidelines or objectives and require support and coordination with the highest internal and external echelons and authority on all aspects pertinent to the successful implementation of the program or functional area. Demonstrated work experience supporting mid-level management in a DoD and military work environment is required. Effective support requires knowledge of counter-IED principles and DoD acquisition management.
Specific tasks that may be performed in this area include:
Plan, Coordinate, and Execute Division, Directorate and JIEDDO level technology related Outreach engagements such as Office calls and vendor discussions, Technology exchanges and conferences, speaking engagements, and interactions with non-traditional developers, academia, laboratories and think tanks
- Track and forecast outreach engagements and coordinate outcomes for potential technology investment options
- Develop and coordinate outreach strategy for senior level endorsement
- Coordinate engagements with all appropriate attendee calendars, communicate with appropriate businesses and organizations to establish meeting dates, coordinate internally to ensure information being presented is deconflicted from any other submissions to JIEDDO, and host meetings
- Maintain and update Very Important Person (VIP) folder and R&D outreach 101 presentations
- Support conference planning, including: set date, plan and coordinate calendars; work with protocol to establish venue; coordinate agenda, establish briefers and coordinate briefing materials; coordinate with security; and, execute event along with protocol and security
- Manage external conference attendance for Division and Directorate through coordination with other relevant JIEDDO offices and work with conference attendees to gather information and contacts made for future tracking and analysis to determine cost benefit of attendance
- Maintain database of contacts within the technology development community
- Support the implementation of customer relationship management tools into division processes
- Identify areas for process improvement, provide recommended action, and assist implementation of selected actions; participate in support of management control activities
- Assist in the preparation of written documents (e.g. memos, info papers, budget documents, significant activities, etc.) and briefing materials for JIEDDO, DoD or Congressional leadership
Minimum Qualifications: BS or BA with a minimum of 4 years specialized experience performing outreach and/or strategic engagement planning and execution. Knowledge of counter-IED principles and DoD acquisition processes. Mastery in use of personal computers with extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications required. Knowledge and experience using customer relations management processes and applications required.
Work Location: The primary place of performance is on-site at JIEDDO facilities in Arlington, VA and contractor facilities in Dumfries VA. Performance may be required at other locations throughout the National Capital Region. The place of performance throughout the duration of the task order may change due to Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) recommendations or other space utilization requirements. The place of performance will remain in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Work Hours: Normal duty hours are between 0700 and 1800. Work schedules shall be staggered to provide appropriate coverage during normal duty hours. For unusual events requiring support outside of this timeframe, the Government will notify the Contractor as far in advance as possible of extended requirements.
U.S. Citizenship required for this position. Must have a U.S. DoD security clearance.
"SURVICE Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V"
We welcome resumes from qualified individuals irrespective of sex, race, age, religion, disability, national origin or other characteristics protected by law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!