- 21-Jan-2013 to 30-Aug-2013 (EST)
- PMC Operation
- Socorro, NM, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE's Operation in Socorro, New Mexico, seeks to hire a Computer Scientist with demonstrable technical capability in C/C++ programming. Duties will include maintenance of existing scientific applications, as well as design and implementation of new survivability and vulnerability modeling programs for the defense industry. Candidates should be familiar with software project management practices, and be able to manage projects utilizing a small team of software developers.
The Socorro operation specializes in the development of scientific software, specifically the simulation of weapon effects and the development of survivability/vulnerability simulations. We have extensive expertise in all stages of the modeling process starting from characterization of weapons, (shaped charges, projectiles, and warheads), simulation of weapon effects (penetration, blast, etc.), and development of complete end-game simulation codes. Some travel may be required.
Experience/Skills in the following areas:
- Significant programming experience, C/C++ required
- Fortran and Python experience is a plus
- Combat/weapon system survivability and vulnerability engineering a plus
- Combat/weapon system test and evaluation a plus
- Software project management experience or experience in developing large software projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Project, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel a must.
- Military/Operational Experience
Educational background should include a Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering degree, plus significant programming experience; or a Computer Science degree with significant Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering coursework, or a minor in one of these disciplines.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance. US citizenship required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!